risk one's neckidiom
Definition of risk one's neck
: to do something that puts one in danger of serious injury or death I would never risk my neck on a sport like skydiving. News reporters often risk their necks working in war zones.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game