rip upphrasal verb
ripped up; ripping up; rips up
Definition of rip up
: to completely destroy (something) by tearing it into pieces He ripped up the check. She ripped the letter up into tiny pieces.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game