variants: or ringer tee
Definition of ringer T-shirt
: a T-shirt with a band of ribbed fabric in a contrasting color on the collar and sleeves If you like to keep it casual, remember: a ringer-T-shirt or polo is just as comfortable as that old T-shirt, and infinitely more stylish.— Nada Manley She accessorized the new look with a vintage ringer tee and jeans. What's notable is that both the outfit and hair absolutely read like something you could wear in either 1987 or 2007 without looking out of place.— Ella Cerón Add a little pop to a monochromatic outfit with a ringer tee. The piece lends an athletic flair to feminine items.— Avery Matera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game