Definition of ring spot
1 : any of various plant diseases caused by viruses (genus Nepovirus of the family Comoviridae) and marked by circular lesions of usually chlorotic or necrotic tissue
2 : a turf disease caused by an ascomycetous fungus (Leptosphaeria korrae synonym Ophiosphaerella korrae) and marked by circular patches or rings of dead grass
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?