Definition of ring nematode
: a nematode worm of a genus (Criconemoides) of the family Criconematidae having cuticle divided into annuli that give an effect of pseudosegmentation, being soil-dwelling, and feeding on roots and possibly causing winter injury of the peach
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary in April 2019
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 4/19/19
- Aww it's So 'Adorkable'
- 'MacGyver': The Verb
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game