Definition of rind disease
: a disease of sugarcane formerly thought to be caused by a fungus (Melanconium sacchari) that is now known to be an accompaniment of other diseases (as red rot) and characterized by dark bluish shrunken wrinkled lesions on the stems
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game