rime suf·fi·sante | \ ˌrēmˌsüfēˈzäⁿt\
plural rimes suffisantes\ " \
Definition of rime suffisante
: end rhyme produced by agreement in sound of an accented final vowel and following final consonant or consonants if any in English, dip and ship, flee and see are rimes suffisantes —distinguished from rime riche
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?