rid (oneself) ofphrasal verb
rid (oneself) of; ridding (oneself) of; rids (oneself) of
Definition of rid (oneself) of
: to cause (oneself) to no longer have or be affected by (someone or something unwanted) She went to the beach to relax and rid herself of all her worries.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game