rid (oneself) ofphrasal verb
rid (oneself) of; ridding (oneself) of; rids (oneself) of
Definition of rid (oneself) of
: to cause (oneself) to no longer have or be affected by (someone or something unwanted) She went to the beach to relax and rid herself of all her worries.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game