variants: or rice-paper plant
Definition of rice-paper tree
: a small Asiatic tree or shrub (Tetrapanax papyriferum) of the family Araliaceae widely cultivated in China and Japan and having large leaves with five to seven lobes, small white flowers, and stems with pith from which rice paper is made
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game