rice water weevilnoun
Definition of rice water weevil
: a weevil (Lissorhoptrus oryzophilus) that feeds as a larva on the roots of the rice plant when under water and as an adult on the rice leaves
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game