Definition of ribes
: any of a genus (Ribes) of shrubs (such as a currant or a gooseberry) placed either in the saxifrage or gooseberry family that have small racemose variously colored flowers and pulpy 2-seeded to many-seeded berries
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?