variants: or less commonly ribby
Definition of ribbie
: RBI Bench was MVP again—he led the league with 40 dingers and 125 ribbies …— William Nack Heritage … manufactured a run in the second as Angela Galyon and Harley Frazier strung together singles and Braye Slaughter delivered the timely hit for a ribbie.— Marcus Fitzsimmons
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game