rhom·bo·gen | \ ˈrämbəjə̇n, -ˌjen\
variants: or rhombogene \ -ˌjēn \
Definition of rhombogen
: the form of a mesozoan of the order Dicyemida that occurs in the sexually mature host, arises from a final generation of nematogens, and gives rise to free-swimming ciliated larvae — compare infusorigen
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?