reverse keysplural noun
Definition of reverse keys
: an arrangement of keys or wedges resembling a stonemason's plug and feather used for forcing apart two pieces previously fastened by a key or cotter
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game