rev upphrasal verb
revved up; revving up; revs up
Definition of rev up
1 : to become more active The campaign is revving up.
2 : to make (someone or something) more active or effective Big business spending is revving up the economy. The company is getting revved up for the launch of its new product line.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?