retweeted; retweeting; retweets
Definition of retweet
: to repost (something, such as a message) to the Twitter online message service Garcia snapped a pic that was retweeted more than a thousand times.— Lee Jenkins … people who use Twitter … are rewarded with social validation when their tweets are retweeted … — The Economist
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/22/19
- Is 'Positively' Positively Legal?
- The True Story of 'Realize' and 'Realise'
- Out to Sea with 'Wave' and 'Waive'
Ask the Editors
- Name that Food Quiz Take the quiz
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game