retargeted; retargeting; retargets
Definition of retarget
1 : to direct (something) toward a different target an advertising campaign that has been retargeted toward younger women
2 : to target (someone or something) again In addition to deploying decoys, the Iraqis are painting craters onto repaired airfields so allied bombers won't retarget them. — Time [online] often, specifically : to advertise something to (someone, such as a past visitor to one's website) again and usually through a different medium … Customers will rarely make a purchase the first time they engage with your brand. Because of this, your ability to successfully retarget customers through your social media campaigns can serve as a powerful reminding tool … — Carol Sankar … Slate … began offering advertisers the ability to retarget Slate's podcast audience with ads on Slate's website. — Max Willens … emails that retarget and remind customers what they've browsed on the site … — Natasha D. Smith the use of retargeting ads a retargeting email
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game