variants: or less commonly ratama \ " \
Definition of retama
(Entry 1 of 2)
1a : jerusalem thorn
b : paloverde
2 [ American Spanish, retama, from Spanish, canary broom ] : any of several yellow-flowered tropical American shrubs of the genus Cassia
Re·ta·ma | \ rə̇ˈtämə, rēˈ-, -tāmə\
Definition of Retama (Entry 2 of 2)
taxonomic synonym of genista
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?