Definition of resurrection plant
1 : any of several club mosses of the genus Selaginella (as S. convoluta and S. lepidophylla) that close up when dry but expand again when moistened
2 : rose of jericho
3 : a fig marigold (Mesembryanthemum tripolium)
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game