result inphrasal verb
resulted in; resulting in; results in
Definition of result in
: to cause (something) to happen The disease resulted in his death. : to produce (something) as a result The trial resulted in an acquittal.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game