Definition of responsive reading
: textual matter read aloud as part of a religious service or exercise in which a verse or sentence by the leader is followed by a verse or sentence by the congregation also : a liturgical form or process in which leader and congregation read passages aloud alternatively
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game