reso·jet engine | \ ˈrezōˌjet-\
Definition of resojet engine
: a jet engine consisting essentially of a continuously open air inlet, a diffuser, a combustion chamber, and an exhaust nozzle, having fuel admitted continuously, and having resonance established within the engine so that there is a pulsating thrust produced by the intermittent flow of hot gases
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?