Definition of resinbush
1 : a low southern African shrub (Euryops athanasiae) of the family Compositae having smooth pinnately parted leaves and abounding in resin
2 : a much-branched tropical African shrub (Heeria insignis) of the family Anacardiaceae having narrowly oblong leaves usually in groups of three and with a silvery lower surface, small whitish flowers, black oval fruit, and very resinous sap
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game