variants: or re-register
reregistered or re-registered; reregistering or re-registering
Definition of reregister
: to register (someone or something) again : to enroll or enter (someone or something) again in an official register reregistered the car in her own name … pressured the school board to spend $8,000 to reregister all 9,000 students in the district.— Eddie Ramírez When he discovered that Independent was a political party, he re-registered [as a voter] with no affiliation.— Peter Slevin and Carol D. Leonnig … failed to re-register with police each year as required by law …— Jim Doyle and Janine DeFao
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Words of the Week - 6/18/21
- The Disparity Between 'Desperate' and 'Disparate'
- An Impartial View of 'Fair' and 'Fare'
- A Guide to Em Dashes, En Dashes, and Hyphens
Ask the Editors
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game