variants: or re-record
rerecorded or re-recorded; rerecording or re-recording
Definition of rerecord
: to record (something, such as sound) again It's rare, however, for voice doubles to dub an entire performance. Normally, they're called in to rerecord a few flubbed lines.— Judith Newman … re-records all the basic tracks except the vocals, playing nearly every instrument himself …— Alec Foege
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?