Definition of representative peer
: a peer chosen to represent other peers in the House of Lords:
a : one of 16 Scottish peers elected as their representatives for the duration of a single parliament by persons holding Scottish peerages only
b : one of 28 Irish peers elected as their representatives for life by persons holding Irish peerages only
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- Must 'Collide' Mean Two Moving Objects?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game