repair tophrasal verb
repaired to; repairing to; repairs to
Definition of repair to
old-fashioned + formal
: to go to (a place) After dinner, the guests repaired to the drawing room for coffee. —sometimes used humorously Shall we repair to the coffee shop?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game