repair tophrasal verb
repaired to; repairing to; repairs to
Definition of repair to
old-fashioned + formal
: to go to (a place) After dinner, the guests repaired to the drawing room for coffee. —sometimes used humorously Shall we repair to the coffee shop?
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game