re·normalization | \ (ˈ)rē+\
Definition of renormalization
: the replacement of theoretically infinite variables (such as the mass and charge of an electron) with experimentally obtained values in the solutions of equations in certain quantum mechanical theories (such as quantum electrodynamics)
Keep scrolling for more
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game