remit tophrasal verb
remitted to; remitting to; remits to
Definition of remit to
: to send (something, such as a dispute or a court case) to an authority that can make a decision about it The case was remitted to the state court.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game