Definition of relaxation oscillation
: a mechanical, electric, or acoustic oscillation (as of a road scraper, wires singing in wind) that consists of a build-up of displacement followed by sudden release of the displaced system
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game