rel·a·tiv·iza·tion | \ ˌrelətivə̇ˈzāshən\
Definition of relativization
: the act or result of making relative or regarding as relative rather than absolute assert again the dignity of human action against modern historical contemplation and relativization— Hannah Arendt relativization of space and time determinations
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game