Definition of reinsert
: to insert (something) again He knew how to fix the sewing machine and the phonograph, and taught me how to reinsert the bristles in my grandmother's silver brushes, an involved and smelly business of melted brown glue and deft tweezers.— Dona Guimaraes Years afterwards Eliot made a fair copy of The Waste Land in his own handwriting, and reinserted the line from memory.— Richard Ellman
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game