Definition of reidentify
: to identify (someone or something) again Cookies were first cooked up as a convenient way to make return visits to Web sites without having to reidentify yourself or your preferences. — Kiplinger's Personal Finance also : to give a new or different identity to Reidentified by false names, they can never contact anyone who knew them before… — Jet —often + as … when the work reemerged in 1967 it was sold at Sotheby's as Fuseli's portrait of Cartwright, but it was immediately reidentified as a self-portrait. — William L. Pressly
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game