Definition of regulator pin
: either of two short upright thin cylindrical pins that are fitted in a watch regulator bearing or banking the hairspring in such a manner that moving the regulator into a position in which the pins touch the hairspring closer to its center shortens the spring and causes the watch to run faster
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game