Definition of refractory ware
: clayware so composed as to resist a high temperature and suitable for saggers, crucibles, blocks and pots for glass furnaces, blast-furnace linings, and heating elements
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game