Definition of reformed spelling
: any of several methods of spelling English words that use letters with more phonetic consistency than conventional spelling and that usually discard some silent letters (as in pedagog for pedagogue)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game