Definition of reflectivity
: the reflective quality or power of a surface or material … conducting "reflectivity tests" to see whether Saudi sand when viewed through the goggles creates a sparkling effect that disorients pilots and causes them to send their helicopters careening to the ground. — Newsweek … there are many examples of luster-decorated ceramics, in which Islamic potters emulated the reflectivity of metalwork by applying metal oxides to white-glazed vessels …— Roberta Smith The warming at the surface could be expected to melt snow and ice, reducing the earth's albedo, or reflectivity.— Roger Revelle
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game