Definition of refix
: to fix (something) again: such as
a : to make (an object) firm, stable, or stationary again The lowest frame was refixed in an intermediate position …— Malcolm Puller also : to affix or attach (something) again "There should be no attempt to refix any ironwork or stonework to the surrounds unless undertaken by a specialist with early photographic evidence to support the works."— Mitch McKay
b : to set or establish (something) again and usually differently … [a country] was allowed to refix its exchange rate vis-à-vis the dollar.— Grahame Thompson We expect the match to be refixed [=rescheduled] at a later date. — WiklowNews.net (Ireland)
c : to repair (something) again Mike fixed and refixed cars that took me to field sites …— Sofya Aptekar
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game