Definition of refight
: to fight (something or someone) again On both sides many seem to prefer to refight old battles for political reasons rather than to focus on the nation's shared economic needs. — The Guardian (U.S. Edition) More recently the superheroes of Hollywood cinema have been refighting and winning the Vietnam War for us …— Ira Konigsberg
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game