Definition of reel oven
: an oven with a revolving wheel equipped with suspended trays holding food (as meat or bread) in the process of baking that is adjusted to bake the contents in one revolution of the wheel and is automatically controlled to stop when a tray is level with the loading door
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game