reed·er | \ -də(r)\
Definition of reeder
1 : one that reeds: such as
a : one that thatches with reeds
b : a textile worker who replaces the broken reeds of a loom or draws the warp threads through the reeds
c : a worker who tapes a reed or wire on sweatband leathers
2 : a reed-covered frame to protect drying china clay
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?