reed canary grassnoun
Definition of reed canary grass
: a perennial grass (Phalaris arundinaceae) occurring commonly in marshy meadows and ditches of Europe and North America, used in some areas for forage, and having broad leaves and narrow dense panicles
— called also lady's-laces
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game