re·duc·tic acid | \ -ktik-\
Definition of reductic acid
: a crystalline enolic ketone C5H6O3 that has properties both of an acid and a strong reducing agent in alkaline solution and is formed by the action of dilute sulfuric acid on various carbohydrates at high temperature or synthetically from cyclopentanone; 2, -3-dihydroxy-2-cyclopenten-one
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game