redeye black bassnoun
Definition of redeye black bass
: a black bass (Micropterus coosae) of the southeastern U.S. in most respects resembling a smallmouth bass but usually considered a distinct species
— called also redeye
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game