reddish prairie soilnoun
Definition of reddish prairie soil
: any of a group of zonal soils developed under tall grass in a warm-temperate humid to subhumid climate that have dark reddish brown somewhat acid surface soils which grade to the parent material through slightly heavier reddish soils
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game