Definition of red-billed pigeon
: a large pigeon (Columba flavirostris) that occurs from extreme southern Texas southward into Nicaragua, is highly esteemed as a game bird, has much reddish purple on head, breast, and lesser wing coverts, grayish brown greater coverts and remiges, and the rest of the body bluish gray, and is distinguished by a reddish bill tipped with bright yellow
— called also blue rock
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?