Definition of red-bellied snake
1 : any of several American colubrid snakes with coral or reddish ventral surfaces: such as
b : a woodland snake (Storeria occipitomaculata) of the Mississippi valley and southeast to Florida
2 : an Australian elapid snake (Pseudelaps squamulosus) that is brown or blackish above and salmon-red below and is venomous but not dangerous to man
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game