Definition of red stripe
: any of several diseases of plants marked by reddish stripes or streaks: such as
a : a decay of timber caused by a pore fungus (Polyporus vaporarius) and characterized by red or brown streaks
b : a disease of sugarcane caused by a bacterium (Xanthomonas rubrilineans) and characterized by long narrow dark red streaks on the leaves of young plants and later invasion of the vascular system with occasional top rotting
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?