Definition of red sage
1 : a tropical shrub (Lantana camara) with flat clusters of small tubular flowers that open yellow or pink but change to scarlet or orange
— called also wild sage
2 : any of various plants of the genus Kochia (especially K. americana)
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?