red rock codnoun
Definition of red rock cod
1 : any of numerous pinkish or red rockfishes (genus Sebastodes) of considerable importance as market fishes along the Pacific coast of North America
— called also red cod
2 : a fish (Scorpaena cruenta) of southern Australia, Tasmania, and New Zealand related to the American red rock cods
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game